Through English as a second language (ESL) training, you will learn the essential language skills you need to be able to work and enjoy living in countries like Canada where the main language of communication is English.
If you are a foreign student, there is nothing better you can do to improve your chances of finding employment and understanding the culture in an English-speaking country.
- What is Necessary:
- Mature student status is needed – You must be 19 years old or older.
- Basic English is expected – You must be functionally literate and able to talk, read, and write in English and interested in improving your skills.
- You must be motivated, co-operative, and willing to learn.
- What is Available:
There are multiple levels of study and you will be directed to the ones best suited to your needs:
- You will be tested so that your areas of language weakness and strength will be understood.
- Language experience and testing results will determine which ESL courses are most appropriate for you, and substitution is allowed when needed.
- Courses will include fun and interactive activities as well as games and outings.
- Maximum opportunities will be provided for you to practice your language skills.
- The most commonly used language when people from various countries get together
- Is used throughout much of the world as a second language
- Is the most common language of science, technology, and the film industry
- Communicating for English ESL Diploma
- English for the Workplace
- English Conversational Skills
- English for Academic Purpose – University Pathway Certificate
Courses may be altered or changed to meet standards and subject to the number of students enrolled. There may be 100 hours of exam preparation included in the total number of hours for each course. As well, tutoring is available at an hourly rate.
ESL training will teach you the essential language skills needed to enjoy working and living in Canada and other countries where the main language of communication is English.
This program has monthly intakes on a continuous cycle, year-round.
Mature student status (19 years of age or older); basic English, self-motivated, cooperative and will to learn. Placement level to be determined based on testing results.
at 20 hours per week: 15.0 weeks 3.5 months
at 25 hours per week: 12.0 weeks 2.8 months
“Actual calendar times may vary due to statutory holidays, professional days and school closures.”
These programs are designed to equip our students with essential language skills to be successful in their academic studies, communicating in the community, gain essential life skills and cultural understanding. There are multiple levels offered thru fun and interactive activities, games and outings to help students gain the maximum opportunities to learn and practice their English.
English for the Workplace
English Conversation Skills
- English Conversation (1 or 2)
Courses may be modified or substituted as required to facilitate success in standardized testing or changes in standardized requirements. Alternate courses may be chosen to replace exempted course requirements based on experience and/or testing results.100 hours Exam Preparation may be included in total hours. There is voluntary additional support available with the instructor(s) at $50/hour. Course delivery subject to enrollment and may be altered.